Lee Chong Wei’s All England T-shirt sold for Charity
The world number one from Malaysia, who ended his country’s title drought in the prestigious event since 2003, gave away one of his winning shirts right after the final before signing it.
“It is my pleasure to give this special T-shirt to SOLIBAD for its hard work. I wish the foundation all the best and I hope the selling of the shirt will be of some help” said Lee Chong Wei after the final.
All the benefits of the auction will be going to the newly born Foundation SOLIBAD – Badminton Without Borders, which helps local projects around the world. Some of the ongoing projects are orphanages in Kuala Lumpur, Lee Chong Wei’s hometown, but also in Bali, Indonesia, and a common project with “Peace & Sport” called “1000 rackets for Haiti”.
The auction starts at noon on March 29th on Ebay, and will be closing next Monday April 5th, at 11.00 am Paris time (10 am GMT, 6 PM Kuala Lumpur time).
More information on the auction on www.solibad.net. (Contribute: Raphael SACHETAT)
Berita Sportainment Lainnya
- EAGLE Sponsor Resmi Kontingen Indonesia di SEA Games 2015
- Siapa Pemenang Kuis EAGLE Badminton Asia Championships 2015?
- Sehari Lagi Kuis EAGLE Badminton Asia Championships 2015
- PB Djarum Gelar Audisi di 9 Kota
- Tufika, Kreatifitas Brand Lokal Bulutangkis
- Yonex Semakin Berani
- Kuis Satu Dasarwarsa Portal Bulutangkis.com
- Tontowi dan Liliyana Peraih Hadiah Terbesar Sepanjang Tahun 2014
- Zhao Yunlei is 2014â€™s top badminton prize-winner at US$ 246.143.75
- PB Mutiara Cardinal Gelar Audisi Beasiswa Bulutangkis